Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Visa Services

Contact the Visa Section

Due to security requirements and staffing limitations, only those with appointments will be admitted to the Visa Section. We are not able to accept in person requests for visa-related information. Most answers to your visa-related questions can be found on our website.

After reading all the information available on this website and its links, if you still need additional information, please contact us via any of the means shown below. Visa application services call center agents are able to assist you via telephone, email or chat.

Hours of Operation

English- and Japanese-speaking customer service agents are ready to assist you 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Japan Time (JT) Monday through Friday. The call center is closed for U.S. and Japanese holidays.

Telephone:Please contact a customer service representative using one of these telephone numbers:

  • In Japan, please call 050-5533-2737.
  • In the United States, please call: 703-520-2233

Email: To reach a customer service representative via email, please write to

Chat: To chat with a customer service representative, please click here. Chat software works with Internet Explorer 8.0, Internet Explorer 7.0, Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 2, and Firefox 3.6.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., please click on the Skype icon below, or add a new contact on your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs_apac.

Skype Me™!

Mailing Address:

Mailing address should be used when you submit required documemt to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate Japan.  Inquiries cannot be received by mail.  We are unable to answer any qusetions even if you send us by mail. Please use the Visa Information Service for any visa inquiries .


Immigrant Visa (IV)

U.S. Embassy Tokyo
Visa Branch, Box 114-IV
1-10-5 Akasaka, Minato ku, Tokyo, 107-8420
U.S. Consulate General Naha
Visa Branch
2-1-1 Toyama, Urasoe-City, Okinawa, 901-2101
Address for U.S. military:
U.S. Embassy
Consular Section, Unit 9800, Box 114
APO AP 96303-0114

Non-Immigrant Visa (NIV)

U.S. Embassy Tokyo Consular Section
Non-Immigrant Visa Branch
1-10-5 Akasaka, Minato ku, Tokyo, 107-8420
U.S. Consulate General Osaka
Non-Immigrant Visa Branch
2-11-5, Nishitenma, Kita-ku, Osaka, 530-8543
U.S. Consulate General Sapporo
Visa Branch
Kita 1-jo Nishi 28-chome,
Chuo-ku, Sapporo, 064-0821 
U.S. Consulate Fukuoka
Visa Branch
2-5-26, O-hori Chuo-ku Fukuoka,
U.S. Consulate General Naha
Visa Branch
2-1-1 Toyama, Urasoe-City, Okinawa, 901-2101

Lost/Stolen Passport and Visa:
Please send us a form to report any lost or stolen passports and U.S. visas.

Misprint on the Visa: Request for Correction:
To avoid delay in travel, please check the information printed on the visa upon receipt to confirm that it is correct. Biographic information on the visa should match the information found on the passport biographic page. If you notice a misprint on your visa, please submit this form. We will determine the legitimacy of the correction request and provide you further instructions.

Case Status Inquiry:
If you have an inquiry regarding a pending Non-Immigrant/Immigrant Visa Application or an E Treaty/Trader Company Registration request, please submit this form. If you have not applied for a visa and/or have a general visa question, please contact our customer call center at for questions. We are unable to answer general inquiries though this inquiry form.

Electronic System for Travel Authorization(ESTA)

For ESTA inquires, please see the right hand box or for ESTA corrections, please see its Frequently Asked Questions.

Immigrant Visa Status Check:
If your I-130 petition has been approved and would like to know your immigrant visa application status, you may check online at the State Department's Website by entering your case number, which starts with three alphabets such as “TKY” for Tokyo cases. For I-130 status check, please check online at the USCIS Website.

NOTE: Visa application status of Diversity Visa Program is currently not available. For DV Entry Status Check, please visit Travel State Gov Webpage.

Call Center Feedback Form

  • Feedback regarding Call Center
    If you have any concerns regarding our call center, please send us your feedback by using this Feedback Form. Please note that this form is used only for issues with the call center. It cannot be used for inquiries about the status of a visa application or an individual visa case. Please be advised that inquiries about issues other than visas, such as U.S. passports or ESTA status, cannot be answered by the Call Center. Please see below for more details.

Inquiries we cannot answer:

  • Please note that we are not able to answer the following inquiries and other non-U.S. visa-related inquiries:

    • ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) Status Check: Embassies cannot check the status of an ESTA application, provide details about ESTA denials, or resolve issues caused by an ESTA denial. For this information, please access the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website

    • U.S. passports: See here or call 03-3224-5000 and ask for ACS.

    • APHIS (Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service): See here or call 03-3224-5110 for more information;

    • Visas for U.S. citizens to other countries: See here.

    • Matters under the USCIS/DHS (e.g., naturalization, green card renewals and problems, reentry permit, form I-751, denial of entry to the U.S.): See here.

    • Documentation requirements and procedures regarding entry to the U.S.: Contact U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

    • IRS (Internal Revenue Service) matters: See here.

    • Social Security cards: See here.

    • Vital Records: See here.


  • DHS Trip Logo

    The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a redress inquiry program for foreign travelers who have inquiries or seek resolution regarding difficulties they experienced during their travel screening at transportation hubs--like airports and train stations--or crossing U.S. borders, including:

    -Denied or delayed airline boarding
    -Denied or delayed entry into and exit from the U.S. at a port of entry or border checkpoint
    -Continuously referred to additional (secondary) screening

    Travelers can request an audit of their case by completing and signing the redress request form following website instructions for submission to DHS.