Group Interview: Instructions on application submission
Note: The following procedures only apply to U.S. Embassy in Tokyo.
- List of applicants (two copies): Please include the biographic information of each applicant such as name, date of birth, passport number, and petition number if applicable.
- Please put each applicant’s application documents in a clear folder. Please make sure the documents are placed in the specified order (PDF 153KB). Please put Point Of Contact (POC) information (name of the agent, school and telephone number) on the lower right corner of each clear folder and place a sticker labeled "Group" on the center of each clear folder.
Note: Please make sure to attach the appointment confirmation page, which contains the UID number, on the back of each application and make the barcode is visible. Please highlight the applicant’s barcode.
- Please set application files in the same order as the names on the applicants’ list, and number them (1, 2, 3, etc.). If there are many folders, please bind every 9 or 12 application files together with a rubber band. On the interview date, we may ask applicants to stand in line according to the number.
- New! Application documents must be submitted to the Embassy at least five working days in advance of the interview date. Please submit applications at #10 Window of the Visa Section at the U.S. Embassy Tokyo between 2:30 and 3:00 p.m.
Note: If you fail to put your documents in the specified order or have incomplete forms, your application may not be accepted. If applications are not accepted in advance, the group interview appointment will be cancelled.
The representative or travel agent of a group should pick up the applicants’ passports at the U.S. Embassy, unless they have a special reason to receive them by mail. If you wish to receive the passports by mail, please indicate so when you request a group interview. Also, when submitting applications, please write “Return by Mail” to the sticker labeled “Group”, which should be put on the center of each clear folder. Please note that these guidelines apply to group interviews only.
Note: The following procedures only apply to Consulate in Osaka.
- List of applicants: Applicant name and school name or organization name in U.S. Note: Please attach the appointment confirmation page.
- Please put application documents and passport of each applicant in a clear folder. Please put Point of Contact information (name of the agent or school) on the lower right corner of each clear folder.
- Please set application files in the same order as the names on the applicants’ list. And number them (1, 2, 3, etc) and put “Number” on the upper right corner of each clear folder. On the interview date we may ask applicant to stand in line according to the number.
- Application documents and passports must be submitted to the U.S. Consulate Osaka 10 days before of the interview date. Please submit applications and passports by mail to the U.S. Consulate Osaka.