Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
General Information

ESTA logo

Visa Waiver Program
Traveling for business or tourism for less than 90 days does not require a visa if your country is enrolled in the Visa Waiver Program.

Statue of Liberty

Non-Immigrant Visas
Anyone traveling to study, work or participate in an exchange program or anyone not eligible to enter the United States on the Visa Waiver Program will be required to get a visa.

immigrant visas

Immigrant Visas
Persons wishing to reside permanently in the United States will need an immigrant visa.

Permanent Residents

The purpose of this webpage is only to help and direct you to information about U.S. Permanent and Conditional Residents. Questions regarding permanent resident cards ("green cards") and status should be directed to USCIS. The USCIS website provides useful information for Permanent and Conditional Residents.


Every effort is made to provide accurate and complete information. However, with the thousands of documents available, often uploaded within short deadlines, we cannot guarantee that there will be no errors. With respect to documents and information on the current and archive U.S. Embassy web sites, neither the U.S. Government, the U.S. Embassy, nor their employees and contractors make any warranty, expressed or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose with respect to documents available from U.S. Embassy web sites. Additionally, the U.S. Government, and the U.S. Embassy assume no legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, or process disclosed herein and do not represent that use of such information, product, or process would not infringe on privately owned rights.