Doing Business in Japan
SelectUSA Executive Director Thummalapally visits Embassy
Mar. 3 - Executive Director Thummalapally joins as Daiwa House President Ono and Lincoln Property CEO Byrne proudly display their MOU to collaborate between now and 2016 on the development of $1.5bn worth of muti-family housing in the Fort Worth, Texas area. [More]
American Airlines CEO Doug Parker and President Scott Kirby visit Embassy
Feb. 14 - American Airlines CEO Doug Parker and and President Scott Kirby spent a moment visiting with Travel & Tourism Specialist Tamami Honda at her office in the Embassy, after completing a call on Ambassador Caroline Kennedy. Following the merger with US Airways, American Airlines is now the world's biggest carrier, but anxious to grow its relatively limited business in Asia and Japan.
Deputy Assistant Secretary Holly Vineyard visits Tokyo and Osaka
New Deputy Assistant Secretary for Asia Holly Vineyard visited Tokyo and Osaka on her first trip to the region. On Dec. 12, she met several of the 50 delegates from Japan who participated in the SelectUSA Summit at a reception at the SCO’s home. [More]
Governor Patrick Meets Top Japanese Officials
Dec. 12 - Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick led an Innovation Partnership Mission to strengthen partnerships with Asia and expand opportunities in the fields of clean technology, innovation, life sciences, financial services and transportation. One highpoint of the Governor's agenda in Tokyo was a meeting with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in which the two exchanged views on such topics as Japan's "maglev" train and Red Sox pitching.
Softbank Joins Bloom Energy in Fuel Cell Joint Venture
Fukuoka, Nov. 25 - Softbank established a joint venture with Bloom Energy of the United States to market fuel cell systems that generate power using town gas. The joint venture plans to market the fuel cell system for office buildings, hospitals, and government buildings. [More]
I am interested in ...
- Doing Business in Japan (the Japan Country Commercial Guide)
- Investing in the United States (SelectUSA)
- Agriculture/Food & Beverages
- Consular Information for American Businesspeople
- Economic Data & Reports
- Economic Section
- U.S. Commercial Service
- Foreign Agricultural Service
- Commerce Secretary Pritzker Unveils Strategic Vision
- FCS Officer Gives Insight into Doing Business in Japan
- The Other White Meat - Alaskan Pollock Exports Hit Sweet – and Savory – Spot in Japan
- Skies are "Friendly" Again for Denver as United launches Direct Tokyo Service
- "Dashing" is Believing
- Ambassador Roos leads "New Routes" Outreach Tour to Four Western U.S. Cities
- Sapporo Consulate Promotes U.S. Food Products
- Helping Japan "Select USA"
Report IP Theft
The IPR Center encourages members of the general public, industry, trade
associations, law enforcement and government agencies to report
violations of intellectual property rights through this website.